Today, we’re here to share a delectable brownie recipe that’s also healthy! A nutritious brownie that tastes good? That’s right! Our Hidden Greens Decadent Brownies contain hidden superfood greens, making it a dessert like no other.
This is the best kind of treat to give in to that sweet tooth. These Hidden Greens Decadent Brownies are full of all the best nutrients like protein, vitamins, and minerals. You’ll add our Daily Dose Greens to this recipe to give your energy and immune system a boost while feeding your body all the good stuff!
If you’re just not into things that taste healthy or you’ve got picky eaters on your hands, you’re in luck with this sweet treat! You’d never even know it’s filled with nutrient-rich foods. It may be safe to say once you make this deliciousness, you’ll have a new favorite sweet treat, so let’s get to it.
Makes: 8-10 medium-sized brownies
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour (like Bob’s Red Mills organic flour)
- ⅓ cup raw unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 scoop of Daily Dose Greens
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup maple sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened chocolate chips (like Lily’s dark chocolate chips)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 5 tbsp almond butter (or apple sauce for a low-fat option)
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp pure peppermint extract
- 2 egg replacers (like Bob’s Red Mills vegan egg replacer)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8x8 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Add the flour, cacao powder, Daily Dose Greens powder, baking powder, and maple sugar to a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond butter or applesauce, water, vanilla, and peppermint extract. Mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix.
- Add the egg replacer and mix until smooth.
- Pour ingredients into the parchment-lined baking dish and bake for 22-25 minutes. If you insert a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean, your brownies are ready to be removed from the oven.
- Once removed, allow brownies to cool completely. We know this is the hardest part!
- Slice brownies before indulging in your scrumptious brownies!
These Hidden Greens Decadent Brownies will really have you feeling like a dessert pro! Next up, try our Ooey-Gooey Chocolate Mint Cookies.